Team Rubicon Australia needs volunteers to assist in the recovery of the bushfire affected community of Cobargo in NSW. Volunteers are needed to start by next week - 1 March 2020.
Volunteer roles required:
- Field hands who are capable of manual labour
- Operators who hold licenses or certification for chainsaws, bobcats, or small excavators
- Camp managers and administrative staff
- Incident management staff - personnel who have experience and or training in the emergency services, military or similar
The types of activities you will be helping to undertake will be under supervision and direction of Team Rubicon Australia and will include:
- Sifting for valuables
- Debris removal
- Tree felling and crosscut chainsaw work
- Minor fencing
Due to the distance of Cobargo from the closest regional centre, volunteers are encouraged to stay at the Team Rubicon base camp for up to 8 days. Basic camp style accommodation, meals and transport (from Sydney) can be provided. Alternatively, volunteers that live in close proximity to Cobargo can self-drive on the days you are available to assist.
The Emergency Volunteering CREW Service (EV CREW) is registering volunteers interested in these activities. If you are able to help please register with EV CREW at https://register.emergencyvolunteering.com.au.
Defence Force Veterans and those with experience working with Emergency Services are strongly encouraged to volunteer.
Your willingness to help is very much appreciated.